-->

Monday, July 12, 2010

Afuera... A True Conviction of the Church

So some time not too long ago, I came across this cartoon and I was definitely really convicted. For those of you that can't read Spanish let me translate it for you... So the Title is "Afuera" which means "Get Out/ Outside." Slide 1:"Christians Get Out!" Slide 2: "Listen up, why do you rise up against the Christians if they are such good people?" Slide 3: "No, we aren't against them, we already know that they are good people but we are here because we want them to leave and speak of what they have." Slide 4: (And notice that all of the Christians are inside the church and none are outside) "But they hang out inside when outside is where we need them the most." It is so easy to want to stay in our Christian huddles, but what is really interesting is that there really are people that live outside of out church's walls who see something that us as Christians have (which is Jesus Christ) and desire to know that.... I know I was once in that place before I became a Christian... In fact I remember quite clearly getting to know a Christian guy in my life and clearly seeing that there was something different about him than any other person that I had ever really met before. All I knew was that I wanted to know what it was that made him different, and I wanted whatever it was that he had. It is easy to get numb to Jesus working in us when we see it all the time, but know that it is very clear to those around us who are not used to seeing Jesus work. We have a responsibility as Christians to share Jesus with the people we come into contact with wherever we are... Also, can people see Jesus within you? I know that sometimes it is scary to get out of our comfort zones... (let me tell you I am talking to myself with this one as well and I do want to say that it is not a bad thing to fellowship because that is such an important piece of growing in the Body of Christ and maturing by sharpening each other) however, we have also been given the the great commission to "go and make disciples of Jesus Christ." We just need to be willing to go where God calls us to go when He calls us to go (and there is definitely a season for staying and going). "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do" (Acts 9:6.). This has been a conviction on my heart. I want to be willing to Go where and when God calls me to go. Come on Church let's share the awesome news and Hope that God has given each and every one of us.

No comments: